Monday, September 6, 2010

Hello family and friends!
I have been in New York for a little over a week now. I miss you all and San Francisco very much! Even though I graduated from USF and spent four years living away from home, I feel like a freshman all over again. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. I live in a really nice/empty apartment, in a vibrant and cultural neighborhood - across the street from Fordham University.


Over the past week, there have been a few frustrating and lost times. I took, well, attempted to take the bus to Target. Got off at the wrong stop and walked the mile to Target in 95 degree heat. Thanked the Lord when I arrived at Target and felt the air conditioning! Thanked Him again when I found some cheap queen-size sheets. Got back to my apartment after arguing with the bus driver (buses cost an inconvenient $2.25 and the crap doesn't take dollars) only to realize that I bought a bedskirt - not sheets. Just lovely!














This was just one day of the seven of my new life out here in NY. I started the blog to keep in touch with everyone and chronicle the amazing things I do here. I plan on blogging every Sunday. I'll keep funny and optimistic. At the same time, I want you all to learn, as I learn, about my field of Urban Studies.

(That could be me up there in Spain!)
BTW, I plan on studying abroad next summer. GASP! I know, but feel free to leave suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. oh, good! now i can get a weekly courtney fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahha Court!!! WOW..sorry about ur bedskirt! LOL! But the buses dont take bills??? interesting!

    ReplyDelete